Saturday, May 3, 2008

This past month...

I know it's been a while since I last wrote, I just never remember to bring my camera to catch all the great moments in our lives. However, I do have some pictures of the last few weeks to document what we've been doing.

Scott and some of his classmates were honored on April 24 for their excellent grades and character by being invited to join the National Dental Honors Society, Omicron Kappa Upsilon. It is a pretty big honor and looked upon highly by dental professionals. I know that it took a lot of hard work, organization, and dedication to get to this point and I'm so proud of Scott for being able to balance church, school, and family so well. He has made these last four years some of our best, and while I'm excited to move on, I'm sad to end the wonderful time we have had here in Denver.

We hardly ever have pictures of just the two of us anymore so I had to post this one. I really like to make fun of Scott's purple 'necklace.' He is a little disgusted that the dental color is lilac. :) (Thanks for the pictures Mandi!)

Katie and Jace chilling out before one of our daily walks. The kids love riding in the stroller. I don't blame them...it looks quite comfy!

Here are some of the great girls (and their kids) I go walking with almost every morning - Jessica, Tifani, Jill, and Liz. Susan and Monae were missing that morning, so when we're all there we have a pretty large group. We get lots of caravan and parade comments from walkers and bikers as we go along the trail. I think people are amazed to see so many double strollers! I'm sure we are quite a sight...I laugh at ourselves every once in a while when there is a traffic jam or when we all pull over in unison as a biker passes by.
Walking with everyone is something I look forward to every day. Not only do I get exercise and the kids fresh air, but I get some much needed social time with people who are in the same situation as I am. I've learned so much from these ladies, and I admire and love each one. I know I always bring this up, but I am going to MISS everyone so much!


We went to the zoo today. It was perfect weather...not too cool, not too warm. It wasn't very crowded and almost all of the animals were out. Jace has started to love looking at all the animals, although he can usually only see the fish because they move around a lot and elephants because they are big. Anything just sitting will not be found. Katie's big on the elephants, giraffes, and zebras. The zoo is not complete unless we see those three things. Today we almost had a poop bath by the hippo above. It backed right up against the wall, and while going, slopped it's tail from side to side, smooshing and flinging poop all up into the air. I have never seen anything like it! It was so gross, but also really funny. Luckily we came away clean. Hopefully Katie won't be talking about the hippo with poop on it's bum for too long.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, congrats to Scott! I like the picture of you two together, you look gorgeous. The hippo poop sounds really gross, glad you made it out okay!!

Tifani said...

Yesss......a new post! I am going to start bringing my camera to everything for now on. I seriously almost started crying yesterday because I was thinking about all of our good times in building M. I have been so lucky!

Heidi said...

I was so excited to find you guys!! Sometimes I wonder how you're doing in Denver & now I'm totally updated & congrats on being finished!! I swear it was just a year ago you went up there to start school. And congrats on the job back in good 'ol East Idaho. Maybe we'll see you around. We are in Pocatello & TJ is practicing law at the same firm as his dad. What a cute little fam you are!!

mickelsenfamily said...

Nice job on all your hard work! We found your blog through the Olson's. It's fun to keep in touch with everyone's blogs. Your kids are adorable and I'm glad Katie is doing better.
Jaime (Zweifel) Mickelsen

The Miles Family said...

Congrats Scott!! That sounds like quite the accomplishment. I keep hearing how difficult it is to balance everything while you're in school, but it sounds like you got it down. Feel free to give me any pointers.

Stacey, I'm sure you won't have a problem starting up another kid "caravan" once you get back.

Patrick and Hollie Davis said...

What a fun trip to the zoo! That is hilarious about the hippo. What a fabulous memory your kids will have of the Colorado zoo!

Dannenbergs said...

What a great honor for Scott and Jake to receive! congratulations. I love when the kids start to see the animals, but fish and elephants are fun too. :)

The Wanbergs said...

Congratulations to you all! So cool that you can finally end the "school stage," and feel a little more settled back in Idaho. I won't mention just how much we are all going to miss you guys...oh...I guess I kinda did: huh? Seriously, though, John and I really look up to you and Scott. You are amazing people; talented and capable. We wish you the best.

Brock and Kristina said...

Stacey you look like a babe! I mean that in a friend kind of way. That is fun that you guys go walking every day. I go walking at least 3-4 times a week and usually by myself. But I still enjoy it. I am so happy for you and Scott. When are you moving and are you buying a house?

Cindy said...

i read on kristina's that you're renting a townhouse in ammon when you get to idaho. where in ammon is it? i have a bunch of family out there with kids around katie's and jace's ages.