We went to the Butterfly Pavilion last Thursday - or Butterfly Damilion as Katie calls it. I have a list of things to do in Denver before we go and this was one of our stops. It was a little different than I expected, but we all had a great time! The butterfly room was my favorite. It was like a tropical rain forest with tons of butterflies everywhere! They were so beautiful to see up close, and sometimes they would even land on us. Jace loved the butterflies...I'm sure he wanted to grab and eat them. Katie was kind of stressed out by them, but by the end she was okay as long as they didn't touch her. There was also a bug room with huge spiders, ants, cockroaches, and other bugs (all in glass containers). Katie loved that area, but she refused to hold the tarantula one of the workers had out on display. I am glad I haven't seen any of those bugs in nature! In another room they had sea creatures. This was Katelyn's favorite area because they had starfish and crabs to pet with your finger. The last room was called Shrunken! and had huge moving pretend bugs, spiderwebs and beehives to climb on, and other fun activities for kids to do. We also got a souvenir - a butterfly ornament. It's a tradition we've started of getting Christmas ornaments at all of the fun places we go to. It's a great way to remember fun outings and trips.
The butterfly room was so hot and humid the camera lens kept fogging up, and the butterflies moved so quickly it was hard to get a good shot. This is the best one we got.
2 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun. I don't know how I would react to a tarantula out of a cage, but it sounds like there are plenty of other cool things to make the trip worth it.
Those are really good pictures. It made me want to go there.
Post a Comment