Saturday, March 8, 2008

Here is proof!

When I was tagged, I mentioned that I didn't think people really believed that I used to play soccer. So here are some pictures as proof that I really did...and that I even got to play, as shown by the muddy uniform! : ) I love soccer and have played since I was seven. It is the sport in my family. All of my siblings play or have played, and my dad is a die-hard soccer fan. I really would like to continue playing in adult leagues or indoor soccer tournaments, but with four knee injuries I am too nervous to risk another one.

This was my junior year when we won the conference championship against Portland State. It was cold and muddy, but it was one of my favorite games of my career.
Here's our pre-game lineup...I'm #6, the one with the knee brace.
My sister joined the team my senior year...she's #16. We had a lot of fun training and traveling together. Unfortunately, we didn't get to play together for long...I tore my ACL 6 games in and was out for the rest of the season. : (
Every time I look through my soccer pictures I feel a little sad because I miss it so much, although I don't miss the intense training that was my life for four years. I've traded soccer for family and I wouldn't trade back for the world!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! I miss those days!! Such fun times. But I agree, I wouldn't trade what I have now for playing again! Such fun fun memories!! love ya girl!!

Jessica said...

You're so buff and tougher... I wouldn't mess with you in those pictures! Maybe it's the uniform that makes you look more intimidating, who knows. That looks like fun, you must have been good because you called it a "career." :)

JoJo said...

I was at that Portland game...it was cold. I think I went with Kristina. Anyway- from what I remember you were really good.

jaredelizabeth said...

You rock Stacey! That knee contraption looks painful...all for the love the game, right. I agree with you on missing team sports. I wasn't nearly as good as you, but it was my life and it would be fun to go back to high school for a day. But hey, you got some seriously adorable kids out of the deal and a Dentist to boot.

Hey, I really like the new look of your blog. I was a little nervous when I saw just the background, but it looks fabulous now that you have all the matching headers and buttons and stuff. Good job! ...now can you over haul mine....Jared's been making fun of it.

Claydens said...

hey Allen's, It was good to see you guys at the killer party at Collins house. Our blog is www.claydenfam3.blogspot.com- we can keep up with your life in Idaho!

Jennifer Groves said...

Thanks for sharing those pics. They are really great! You do look pretty tough in the uniform. I could see that one day you will probably be a soccer coach. That would be fun. I always wanted to be the coach of some sport, but I don't know enough about them to do it. You are awesome, and we miss you guys tons.

Dannenbergs said...

I miss the sport playing days as well, but the only one I was ever good at was skiing; that didn't require running. I love the buff soccer thighs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Allens! I stumbled upon your blog via the Claydens, hope you dont mind :) Just thought Id stop by and say hi and tell you that your kids are ADORABLE! I cant believe how big they are since Softball!
Good luck this weekend Scott...and family!

Brock and Kristina said...

yeah right, you weren't any good. :) j/k. THE BEST....including the holder of SEVERAL RECORDS.
So cute blog...how did you do it all on your own? Let me know sometime...I don't like going to that pyzam website.

Jen and Mark said...

That is great. I love how muddy you were, and the short rolling. Now you are just going to have to teach Katelyn and Jace your skills! Congrats on getting to move back home, super exciting!
-Jenn-

Tracy Giles said...

You look awesome! I love the picts. Like most people I long for the days I was active in sports and dance. Of course, like you I wouldn't trade my family for it though. Thanks for sharing such fun photos.