Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Monthly update

So this blog thing might become a monthly update, unless my life gets a little less busy, which I don't see that coming any time soon. Thanks to all those who still read this thing. I love reading yours.

Since I last wrote we have had three birthdays...

Jace turned 4...

I turned twenty-blahblahblah...

and Gage turned 2.

The kids are doing great. Katie is starting to read like a pro and loves her dance class. She is very excited to do her recital and shows us her dance moves all of the time. Jace is loving the warmer weather lately because he can spend all of his time outdoors. He uses the potty like a pro and we couldn't be happier. Gage is talking like crazy and yells more than he talks. He has such a goofy personality and we love it.

Scott is busy at the office and I keep things going at home...most of the time anyway. I've been on a cooking binge lately, but now it's gone. Back to spaghetti and grilled cheese.

My sister Erica also had her babies. They were born at 24 weeks. Their names are Conner, Emma, and Aulani. They all weighed less than a pound and a half each. Aulani passed away a week after she was born. I got to see and hold her. She was perfect. Emma and Conner are doing well. They have their ups and downs, but they are amazingly strong for being so small. Erica and Eric are great parents. They are doing well and I'm so proud of them.

Until next month...

7 comments:

Steph, Bryce, Andie, Bree, and Zoe said...

Definitely sounds busy. Please send my congratulations and condolences to Erica. Keep updating, even if it is just once a month... I enjoy reading :)

Super B said...

Glad to hear the update. Did you make the bday cakes yourself? They look cool. Happy late birthday to you too!
Love and condolences to Erica and Eric. thanks for update!

Jolynn said...

I want to see more pics of the monkey cake. I am making one this weekend for my one year old. He would love it.

Brock and Kristina said...

Yay for monthly updates. It's totally okay if it's monthly...they're great. Wow...I can't imagine all that Erica and Eric and your family have been through. What a stressful and beautiful time for her. I'm sorry to hear about Aulani, but our prayers and hope go out to Emma and Conner. She will be such a great momma!!!

Tracy Giles said...

Cutest cakes ever. You should write a tutorial on how to make cool cakes :) Sorry to hear about baby Aulani. That is so sad. It's great to hear though that the other two are doing well.

You have such a cute family.

Tifani said...

Is that seriously what is behind your house? Don't get me wrong, I love the cakes too but my eyes were on your backyard. I just want to go run around out there. Well, maybe not yet. But give a month or two and I would actually be able to run. For now I just waddle.
My thoughts and prayers are still with those little babies!!!

Cindy said...

you're so good at making cute cakes for your kids. i can't even imagine holding a 1.5 pound baby! super scary but so special too. so sorry that aulani didn't make it.