Monday, October 19, 2009

The Pumpkin Patch

This evening for FHE we went to the pumpkin patch to pick out our Halloween pumpkins. It was windy and cold so we didn't stay long, but the kids had fun running around in the straw maze and picking out their very own pumpkins.

Don't we look cute?

Gage did not love the pumpkin patch, but still had a smile for me when I peaked in on him.

Scott and the kids climbed up on a big stack of straw bales next to the maze. Katie was scared, but Jace loved it. They were pretty high up...I'm not sure I would have liked it either.

They had little wagons to pull around and put your pumpkins in...

...and mini tractors for the kids to play on.
We had a great time! I have never picked out pumpkins at a pumpkin patch before, but it was worth going, and this one was great. I'm sure we'll be visiting it again next year.

7 comments:

BradandMelanie said...

The pumpkin patch is always fun - I had never gone before last year and I can't wait to go again :)

jaredelizabeth said...

Looks like fun. My kids would have loved the little tractors.

Katie said...

I miss the cold Fall days! I don't think there's a pumpkin patch for a hundred miles here. It looks like a fun and cold time.

mickelsenfamily said...

How fun! Where was this pumpkin patch located? I am wanting to take Caleb to one before it's too late. I'd love to know where you went.

Tandee said...

Okay! WHERE is this pumpkin patch?? Angie went there, too, and I want to take my kids there! It looks so fun! Gage has an adorable smile! =)

Chelsi said...

Looks like fun!

Kunz fam said...

That is so fun! We have never gone to a pumpkin patch either. It was fun catching up on your blog. We miss you guys. We need to get together and hang out!!