So far things are going great with the bunkbed! The kids were so excited when we put it up and couldn't wait to get in and use it. Katie has slept in it a few nights. Despite my fears of her forgetting she is up so high and falling off when she gets up in the night, she has had zero accidents and loves being on the top. Jace has only fallen off the ladder once, and it jarred him so much that he hasn't tried to go up it much since. He loves his bottom bed so much it doesn't really matter anyway. He slept in it for the first time last night and did great! He fell right to sleep and stayed there all night. Today he took his first nap in it and slept for three hours without getting out once. Tonight he ran in his room and practically jumped into bed. He has been in there for almost an hour, and although I don't think he's asleep yet, he hasn't gotten out at all. So things are good so far...hopefully it will last after the novelty of the new bed wears off.
My biggest problem with the bed is making it. How in the world do you make a bunkbed, especially the top? Not to mention that I can barely get up into the top with my huge belly. Maybe I just won't worry about it for now. No one can see up there anyway.
7 comments:
So fun!! I'm happy to hear it has been a success so far. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!
Can you get Brooke to sleep for 3 hours too?
I say leave it for now....Katie will be old enough to do it all by herself soon enough. Mia has been able to do hers for quite awhile. They look like great beds, I'm glad it's going well.
The bunkbeds look like a lot of fun. I'm so glad things are going well with the baby. I keep meaning to call you so that we can catch up. One of these days I'll actually pick up the phone. Oh, and I really like your new car. Extra space is always a good thing!
Yay for bunk beds. It was fun hanging out last night. I want the recipe for your treat you brought. It was really yummy! I seriously WILL go walking with you if you stay close:)
Fun bunkbeds! I love the photo. They look so excited! And I like that you have the guard rail all the way across the top bunk, and an extra part for Jace. I hear you on the whole prego bed-making dilemma. Not too easy, but no one will look, and if they do, they'll understand... =)
We have been contemplating this same thing and I am so scared to put Kambryn in a big girl bed. But she practically knows how to climb out and in her crib and pack n play. So maybe we might just have to try it out! Well anyways, I am glad things are going well for you guys! Talk to you soon!!
Post a Comment