We've had a busy month since Christmas. Scott got into a car accident on New Years Eve day. It wasn't his fault and no one got hurt, but our car was totaled. We had been planning on getting a minivan or something bigger with the new baby coming so it ended up working out fine, although we were planning on doing all of that after buying a home. So now our home plans have been pushed back a little, but we do have a new Chevy Uplander. Scott thinks they are ugly minivans, but I think they are fine and it sure is nice to have the extra space!
Katie turned four this month. I can't believe that much time has gone by already! She has grown five inches since her last birthday and has become such a big girl. She's been testing her boundaries lately which has been frustrating, but she's still a good girl and lots of fun to have around. She still sings all of the time and has been into pretending like she's making presents for everyone by wrapping toys she has in her room with blankets, hats, dresses, whatever. K: When we eat all of this grapefruit then it will be all gone, right?
Me: Yes.
K: Why will it be all gone?
Me: Because we ate it.
K: Why did we eat it?
Me: Because we were hungry.
K: Why were we hungry?
And on and on and on....you get the picture.
I try not to say 'Just because' too many times, but sometimes that really is the only answer or the only way to stop the cycle. It makes me tired!
Jace is almost two and he is crazy! He is either talking or running around with a ball in his hand. He has been saying some pretty funny things lately and says things that I wouldn't expect from a two year old.
The pregnancy is going well. We've been to see the specialist a couple of times and the heart looks good. We did have to go down to SLC for an MRI becuase he thought it looked like part of the brain was missing, but everything ended up being normal. The funny thing is that I never felt extremely stressed during this time of specialist visits and tests. I didn't know at the time if it was because everything would be normal or that even if there was something wrong with the baby, it would all turn out okay. It wasn't like I didn't feel anything...I did worry that something would be wrong with our baby, but I alwasy felt things would be fine. It is a relief to know things look normal so far. The doctor did say the baby measured a few weeks bigger than it should, something that is more likely if the mother fails the one hour glucose test, but then passes the three hour like I did. I don't have gestational diabetes, but I guess I'm at higher risk of a bigger baby. Jace was more than a pound bigger (I did the same thing with the glucose tests with him) than Katie so we'll see. However, the next week at my regular OB appointment I measured normal so maybe no one really knows.
We bought bunkbeds for the kids a few days ago. We still have not put them up but we are bracing ourselves for moving Jace to a big boy bed. Hopefully it won't be too horrible.
8 comments:
Glad to see you aren't too good for the good ole' mini van. They are so practical I don't know how you can go wrong. Glad to hear everything looks good with the new baby. Your little fam is so cute!
Wow, I miss chatting with the gals about the new stuff our kids are doing and just life in general... Thanks for the update. I can't believe Katie is 4 and so big....she'll be so different next we see her. I'm glad the baby is fine and I hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful. Good luck with the bunkbeds....fun stuff. Oh, here is what I do with the endless questions gig....just ask a question back like "what do you think?"....sometimes it works....good luck!
Oh how I love your cute family. Thanks for the update, it's good to hear what you're up to. Katie looks so grown up, sorry she's testing and questioning you... sounds exhausting! Let me know how the bed transition goes, we still haven't moved Sophie but are thinking it's time. Don't they say to wait until the child bails out of their crib? I'm scared.
You really have been busy, with buying a new car, bunkbeds, dr. appts, answering questions... I, for one, am glad that your house-buying has been put back for now! It's fun to have you in the neighborhood and the ward. And I'm glad you like your new "van". Is it true that it registers as an SUV? =)
Happy Birthday, Katie! I think the accident must have been a blessing in disguise. Hooray for a minivan!! I'm glad to hear the baby is appearing to be normal. Somehow the spirit just lets you know when things are going to be okay.
It was so fun to finally see you again. With the cold weather there's no outside walking in our future. I was so glad to hear that everything was ok with your baby. Hopefully I'll see you at girls night!
Hi Stacey! I am still an avid reader of your blog & was happy to see that there was an update! Welcome to the mini van club! I felt similar to Scott when Matt came home with our minivan, but after having it for a year I won't ever go back!!
Glad to hear everything is fine with baby #3 & hope things continue that way. Wish Katie a Happy B-Day from us & good luck with Jace as a 2 year old. Brinley has really given a new meaning to the "terrible twos"-its a good thing she still has lots of "sweet" moments.
I still read your blog too, and enjoy the updates. Just wanted to let ya know.
Post a Comment