Katie turned five last week! Has it really been five years? She all of a sudden seems so much older! And she must feel a lot older too because she is always saying, "Now that I'm 5, I get to ..." or "Now that I'm 5 I can ..." Pretty soon she'll be going off to school and she can hardly wait. It's a little sad to see her grow up, but it's fun to see her learn and grow and develop. She is such a sweetheart and is so giving and kind to others. She always is smiling and laughing and is a friend to everyone. We're so glad to have her as part of our family!
Her big birthday breakfast of Lucky Charms (her pick)!

We made a
butterfly cake (so easy!) and she had a lot of fun decorating the wings with candy.

We had a birthday party for her this year with her friends and cousins. It was not nearly as crazy as I thought it would be (thanks to help from family) and everyone had a great time!

6 comments:
Ahh....five years old. I can barely believe our kids are turing five. Remember being pregnant together(for a few months anyways) and having our kids that first year in school? What good memories all of us have living by each other. I don't know if I will ever have so much fun with my neighbors again. I am glad that Katie had a great birthday!
She's 5!!!! I can't believe it. I remember moving into Bible Park and she was so tiny. Time does go by way to fast.
No way is she 5. Looks like a cute group of girls and the cake is super fabulous.
I love your family picture in front of the tree. You all look great.
Taylee had a great time at Katelyn's birthday party! You did a great job! And I completely agree with these little girls being 5. All of a sudden they do seem a lot older. Makes me a bit sad to think that they are going to kindergarten next year :-(
I remember you being pregnant with her! It hardly seems like five years already. I'm so glad that you are all doing so well!
What a cutie she is! Happy birthday, Katelyn! And, yeah, that cake doesn't LOOK so easy! You did a great job on it. =)
Post a Comment