Saturday, September 13, 2008

Our summer in Idaho!

Despite the nausea, I did take pictures of some of the fun things we did this summer here in Idaho. Here's a little summary....

We had a family camping trip with my side of the family at Scout Mountain, near Pocatello, ID. It was only one night so we thought it would not be too bad. Oh, we were wrong! It was actually pretty fun that first day. We relaxed, ate, played games, and the kids had a blast in the dirt and trees. We put them to bed that night and, surprisingly, they fell asleep pretty quickly...for camping. We thought we were going to have a good night of sleep! Then, around 1 am, Jace woke up just screaming! To make a long story short, he wouldn't stop, and ended up staying up until 5 am! It was awful! I don't know if he was really awake most of the time, but it seemed like he was scared of something. Maybe a bad dream. The next day the kids woke up fine as usual, but it took a good week or so for Scott and I to fully recover from that sleepless night. I'm going to have to do lots of convincing to get Scott to go camping again next year...with 3 kids!!!Katie wanted me to make her a hat out of one of her doll blankets. Of course, Jace wanted to do exactly the same thing as Katie. The result was these hilarious pirate looking hats that they loved and wore around the rest of the afternoon!
Katie has gotten into bug catching this summer after seeing her Uncle Matt's jars and jars of caterpillars, spiders, and beetles. She'll spend hours outside looking for bugs, putting them into containers, and then making them little homes out of grass, sticks, and whatever else she can find. Not even a bee sting or an out of control grasshopper deterred her from this new hobby. Luckily, when she's done, she is okay with leaving the little guys outside so that they can go back to their 'homes.'
We spent a Saturday afternoon at the Eastern Idaho State Fair in Blackfoot. It was a little warm, but we had a great time! The kids loved the animals...horses, cows, bunnies, goats, and sheep. We played in the discovery center where Katie 'dug' for pretty rocks and shells, and then we walked through the agricultural center to see what kind of prizes Aunt Emily and Uncle Matt won for their baked goods. We were also able to eat some yummy fair food, which is always my favorite, especially now when I am craving anything greasy and fattening. : )
We have taken a couple of walks down by the greenbelt in Idaho Falls. This time Grandma Yo came and we brought bread to feed the ducks and geese. The kids thought it was so much fun to see the birds go crazy for the bread!
So that was our summer. We had fun and now are looking forward to fall weather and fun holidays!

4 comments:

Mardi said...

I can't think of a better place to spend the summer...go Idaho!

Tifani said...

All right. You have updated the blog! I can't believe that you fit almost your entire summer into one post. Now that is being efficient. Summer in Idaho looks beautiful! Miss you guys!

jaredelizabeth said...

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one Tifani had to urge to update their blog. I love the new pics. We miss the kids and Mason still talks about Katie all the time.

Cami said...

Don't forget your discovery of the Iona library! Thanks to you more people know about it now.
I'm so glad you guys moved down here. It's been nice getting to know you.